Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2015

How Political polling has failed

In a digital age, who answers a land line. I recently made the mistake of plugging it in (yeah, we use phone lines for internet) and a torrid of spam came.

One of these calles, was about Polling. Reachtel, for one is a good example of how they fail. I received an automated call asking me yes and no question, of which I answered thinking it would be ok, until it came to a specific question about my member of parliament.

He wasn't my member of parliament. Fail, but I couldn't change my answers explaining my real dilemma, so, the information was wrong. I was one of another failings of the 'old ring up and ask or 'fill the form out. Or even, give an honest and accurate answer. No. Fail.

It started to get me up about other phone calls, from blind chipmunks needing plastic surgery, to my computer system  having a virus and I needed to go to a website to fix it, oh, they were a Microsoft service representative (no, no they weren't).

So, I unplug it now, I feel better, it makes life easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment