USSA - The United States of South America

For some time, I have had a feeling about South America. Nazca lines, pan pipe music, Easter Island, The Seven Cities of gold, Machu Picchu hydrology management and also the archaeology fascinates me. I felt that I have some connection in my mind, even tho I had never been there.

I love it's older history, not the Spanish era, I guess every colonization besides the Dutch and Portuguese seem to of understood the local point of view. From what I've known. So, until recently these things had been running in the background of my mind, sitting there, coming out occasionally.

I thought of the idea of a United States of South America when the issue of hyper inflation was happening in the late 80's. Of course this seemed to of not occurred as there is hostilities and belittlement of each country, which is really counter intuitive. If we can all be organised and ignore nationalism for one moment, and think of our regional and local needs first, we'd be heading towards a better and more functional continent.

I feel that living in Australia, we have statehood and one central government looking after national interests, in a way, they are like a hyper government, one that administers over states and territories. So, in a way the countries of South America could very well adopt this type of model, having a larger authority to govern over the nation states.

Which comes back to my interest in the history of SA. If you can think of how a place has evolved and adapted to it's environment, you'll see that any obstacle can be overcome and that the good of the people can be achieved, if you think that this is idealistic, your right, but if we don't start to think about the future of the world, we can't start to work as a united race.

Comments

Popular Posts