It's like letting in a thief into your windows..

This morning I turned on my computer and my firewall alerted that I had to share my private network.

I was going to click on allow, when I did a Google search and found that it's a marketing and peer to peer networking client that chews up your internet and provides data of what you have on your machine without your permission.

It's not only windows machines, it's also on mac!

 Yes, another thing to remove.
Akamai NetSession Client
C:\Users\Users\AppData\Akamai\installer_no_upload_silent.exe
C:\Users\Users\AppData\Akamai\netsession_win.exe

Your permission is given when installing another program, so technically it's not spyware, but it's not made clear to what it's purposes are, which appear to be negative for the user.

What the heck, this is crazy!

How to remove it.

My recomendation is to uninstall it. Go to explorer navigation bar at the top, and go to this directory:

C:\Users\Users\AppData\Akamai\

And find the uninstall file, and remove it. If the above doesn't work, try below:

Windows 
In the Windows Control Panel, go to Add or Remove Programs.
Select Akamai NetSession Interface
Click Change/Remove, click Yes.

Macintosh
Use the Finder to go to the NetSession Interface installation folder, which is normally ~/Applications/Akamai/,
Double-click the uninstaller app and confirm.

If I knew about the program, I'd have the option to say yes/no, but I would choose no.

Comments

Popular Posts