Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Riverbank removals: Review Do not use

If you have the chance to move house, because of pay by the hour removalists. One of these are a two man job called Riverbank removals which appeared to have a nice but basic website:

www.riverbank-removals.com.au/residential/index.html


And in all honesty, do appear to be a good removalist. But there not. It took 6 hours at $120.00 to move a two bedroom apartment on the second floor to my new place at ground level in West End. A friend who just had moved out of the second room moved including his gym to Herston cost him $450 and took three hours.

The difference?

These guys moved like snails, constantly asking me where to put things, moved one box at a time and where not in a hurry. They also didn't have enough space in their truck and also needed to 'move' twice. Why, because they hired a rental truck from Europe car that wasn't big enough.


I saw that they had fake listings on Truelocal:

http://www.truelocal.com.au/business/riverbank-removals-1/brisbane

All of the glowing responses look fake as they only have one comment, only one looks legit and they need to damage control the reply. I feel good as I've already prevented two three five  six people that have contacted me to verify my problems, so that's more than $1,440 $3,500 they've lost. They've gone elsewhere.

If you've had problems with them take them to Queensland fair trading.


The lesson: If you need a courier, go to a courier. If you need a removalist, go to a proper removalist that has a set fee. Also, I've found out that using a recognised removalist that is a member of the Australian Furniture Removers Association.

www.afra.com.au/

Simple.

**UPDATE**

I'm still receiving emails from people about their poor service as well as some asking me about my experiences, so if you want to ask me, please do.


No comments: