Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Erosion of photography

I think that the erosion of photography started with mass manufactured phone cameras, I've been to a few wedding that didn't have a photographer but relied on the guests to take photos that they would like me (bride) to see.

I've been a amateur photographer, and feel that the impact from things like instagram is reflected in comments like "So you take photos on instagram, tell me how good a photographer you are". In some way photography is a life long profession and some make a decent living chasing their photographic angle. The decline in the professional photographer that constantly take a photo of a scene and makes it live a life are starting to say, why bother photographing.

It's a bit of dumbing down of a profession, sort of what it was like to have a mind to calculate groceries instead of a scanner.

No comments:

Post a Comment